- Episode 2 – Sponsored by Emerald Africa
The apprentices face a difficult task in episode two, task two sponsored by Emerald Africa. With guest judges Chris Potter, Portfolio Executive and Carla Jordan, Chief Financial Officer and Senior Executive Officer: International Business at Emerald Africa on hand to assist with the task and sit in as a panel with Judge Simon and Judge Kedi, the apprentices are handed their task.
In their teams, acting as a facultative reinsurance underwriter for “Far Out Reinsurance Company”, the apprentices are tasked with assessing a risk. With the news of a fire at a factory, the apprentices are then requested to calculate the estimated business interruption loss, the appropriate deductibles to determine the final reserve for both property damage and business interruption and explain how they arrived there.
The #SuperFan Competition
For every episode of The Insurance Apprentice, we have a question. Answer the SuperFan question, up to episode seven, to stand a chance to win R20 000, sponsored by Constantia Insurance. Simply visit TheInsuranceApprentice.com
read the question and answer the question in the chat box – bottom right of the screen.
Earn CPD hours
Earn Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours for every episode you watch of The Insurance Apprentice. Each episode plus an article about the episode will carry 1 CPD hour. Simply:
1. Visit www.fanews.co.za;
2. Click on the CPD tab;
3. Register by filling in your personal details;
4. Confirm your log-in details via email once you have registered;
5. Log-in using your email and password;
6. Click on The Insurance Apprentice tab and go to the episode you wish to complete; read the article and
7. Answer the multiple-choice questions related to each episode listed and click submit.