- Why did you choose a career in insurance?
Insurance attracted me because it was one of the few industries that my peers were always afraid to go into. My teacher in high school and some lectures in university spoke against choosing a career in insurance. Anything that people shy away from, anything that people deem as hard and impossible, attracts me.
- Who has been the biggest influence on your career and why?
The biggest influence in my career is my mom who taught me, from a very young age, that if you do things that anybody can do, then you are not special as a human being. As a result, from a young age I have always been doing more. I have always looked at the top performer at a school, business and work environment and said, “how can I do that and much more”.
- If you could have a secret mentor to help you in The Insurance Apprentice who would you choose and why?
I would choose my mom simply because she teaches the right attitude. Having the right attitude is all you need to win any situation or competition.
- In a tweet of 140 characters explain why insurance ROCKS!!!
Insurance employs all professionals from police officers, to engineers and doctors.
- What would be your dream Apprentice task and why?
My dream apprentice task is uplifting others. I currently volunteer myself to uplifting the youth by talking about my life experiences and the things I’ve learnt. Continuing this under The Insurance Apprentice title and brand would give me more substance and I would get more people to listen. In turn, I would market the Insurance Apprentice even further.
- What would be your nightmare Apprentice task and why?
Being so passionate about lifting others, a nightmare task for me would be if people have the knowledge but don’t use it to their benefit or to lift themselves up.
- If you could have a super power that could help you win The Insurance Apprentice what would it be and why?
Wisdom. Because it will stay with me after The Apprentice and it can be shared with other people. So, I would win and make others win in their lives.
- What song would you chose for your Insurance Apprentice victory dance and why?
Little Star by Kalis.
- Which celebrity would you like to have dinner with to celebrate winning The Insurance Apprentice? Why?
I would choose Warren Buffet. He is a great example of a normal person who succeeded because he was simply willing to do more than others. He succeeded using resources available to everyone.