- Why did you choose a career in insurance?
I love people, I am a connector. I love human connection and am stimulated by that. This business is about relationships. I also love the intricate and technical nature of insurance, i.e. navigating and interpreting policy wording. It is incredibly intellectually stimulating.
- Who has been the biggest influence on your career and why?
My previous boss, Malcolm Padayachee- his exceptional people skills, leadership style and technical know-how is motivating.
- If you could have a secret mentor to help you in The Insurance Apprentice who would you choose and why?
Malcolm Padayachee, because of his technical knowledge and overall understanding of not only the industry, but also business.
- In a tweet of 140 characters explain why insurance ROCKS!!!
Insurance is all about people and building and maintaining relationships. If you are driven, hardworking and love a challenge, insurance is for you. If you love people, insurance is for you. If you like to think, insurance is for you.
- What would be your dream Apprentice task and why?
Arguing why a claim should be paid out, when interpreting a policy wording- I like to think and debate.
- What would be your nightmare Apprentice task and why?
Anything that is physical in nature- I have two left feet…
- If you could have a super power that could help you win The Insurance Apprentice what would it be and why?
To read minds, to be able to determine where I am at any given stage.
- What song would you chose for your Insurance Apprentice victory dance and why?
I’m the world’s greatest by R Kelly- the lyrics are inspiring- indicates that, you can achieve anything, regardless of your situation in life. You can be a mentor to others.
- Which celebrity would you like to have dinner with to celebrate winning The Insurance Apprentice? Why?
Michele Obama- She has achieved enormous success in life, as a lawyer, first lady but most importantly as a mother.