So, what happens next?
- A panel will go through the applications and compile a short-list.
- Regional rounds will take place in Johannesburg, Durban and Cape Town. If you have been chosen to go through to the second round, you will be notified mid-September.
- For those candidates that make it through to the second round, elimination dates are as follows: Durban 1 October, Cape Town 2 October and Johannesburg 3 October.
- Applicants who make it to the elimination rounds will travel at their own cost.
- After the elimination rounds in Johannesburg, Cape Town and Durban, the top candidates identified will submit videos for voting (please note voting is not the final contributing factor to choosing the top 8), once voting closes the top 8 apprentices will be chosen and revealed.
- Filming will take place early in January 2020.
- Episodes of The Insurance Apprentice will be sent out via Facebook, The Insurance Apprentice, FAnews websites and on YouTube. Any company can request the direct link to place it on their websites or newsletter as we are aware of the fact that many companies block YouTube.
- The winner will be announced at a function held after all the episodes have been aired.
- The winner of The Insurance Apprentice 2020 will go to Lloyds of London during the second part of the year.
The amazing prizes
The winner of The Insurance Apprentice wins R75 000 bursary for the winner, sponsored by Inseta, a trip to Lloyds of London, sponsored by Lloyds of London, a R20 000 cash prize, sponsored by the Graduate Institute of Financial Sciences (GIFS), a R10 000 cash prize, sponsored by Tracker, a tech prize sponsored by Innosys, an Apple watch, sponsored by Genasys Technologies and so much more!
The runner up wins a bursary from GIFS worth R27 500. Third place will also receive a bursary from GIFS worth R27 500.
Each of the eight apprentices will also receive a R1 000 Uber voucher, sponsored by Discovery Insure and a ‘dress for success’ and mentor session sponsored by GIFS.
Earn CPD hours
Earn Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours for every episode you watch of The Insurance Apprentice. Each episode plus an article about the episode will carry 1 CPD hour. Simply:
1. Visit www.fanews.co.za;
2. Click on the CPD tab;
3. Register by filling in your personal details;
4. Confirm your log-in details via email once you have registered;
5. Log-in using your email and password;
6. Click on The Insurance Apprentice tab and go to the episode you wish to complete; read the article and
7. Answer the multiple-choice questions related to each episode listed and click submit.