The Insurance Apprentice 2019 application entries have officially closed.
What happens next
- A panel will go through the applications and compile a short-list.
- Regional rounds will take place in Johannesburg, Durban and Cape Town. If you have been chosen to go through to the second round, you will be notified mid-September.
- For those candidates that make it through to the second round, elimination dates are as follows: Durban 17 September, Cape Town 18 September and Johannesburg 25 September.
- After the elimination rounds in Johannesburg, Cape Town and Durban, the top candidates identified will submit videos for voting (please note voting is not the final contributing factor to choosing the top 8), once voting closes the top 8 Apprentices will be chosen and revealed.
- Filming will take place early in January 2019 (exact dates to be confirmed).
- Episodes of The Insurance Apprentice will be sent out via Facebook, The Insurance Apprentice, FAnews websites and on YouTube. Any company can request the direct link to place it on their websites or newsletter as we are aware of the fact that many companies block YouTube and/or Facebook.
The amazing prizes
- The winner will be announced at a function held after all the episodes have been aired.
- The winner wins a trip to Lloyds of London, a R75 000 bursary from Inseta and a cash prize of R20 000 from Masifunde Training Centre.
- The Runner Up wins R15 000, sponsored by Tracker and a bursary from Masifunde Training Centre worth R27 500.
- Third place will receive a bursary from Masifunde Training Centre worth R27 500.
- Each of the eight apprentices will receive a Samsung tablet with a wireless keyboard (sponsored by Masifunde Training Centre) and a R1 000 Uber voucher (sponsored by Discovery Insure), a book ‘Everything you need to know about non-life insurance in South Africa’, written and sponsored by Gareth Stokes and Liz Still, and amazing business/motivational books sponsored by Insure Group Managers… this rounds it off perfectly.