- Why did you choose a career in insurance?
Honestly, I stumbled into the insurance industry and subsequently fell in-love with the industry and the opportunities it presents to young talent.
- Who has been the biggest influence on your career and why?
The biggest influencer on my career in the insurance industry has been Spiros Fatouros (ex manager), who is now the current CEO of Marsh Africa. He taught me everything I know about insurance. He made me realise the depth and width of opportunities to build a career within the insurance industry.
- If you could have a secret mentor to help you in The Insurance Apprentice who would you choose and why?
Simon Colman – Executive Head at SHA Specialist Underwriters. Because he has a strong understanding of the insurance industry, he understands what makes one a successful apprentice in his experience as a judge.
- In a tweet of 140 characters explain why insurance ROCKS!!!
The insurance industry has become a central hub of opportunities for young talent, innovation and entrepreneurship. OUR INDUSTRY ROCKS!!!
- What would be your dream Apprentice task and why?
Any task that encompasses innovation + technology. Purely because I love thinking out of the box, actually the box doesn’t exist for me, I am a liberal thinker. I always maximise opportunities that present a challenge to be innovative.
- What would be your nightmare Apprentice task and why?
Any task that has to do with the FSB or any regulatory framework. Purely because our regulatory framework creates a barrier of entry for innovative entrepreneurs, the speed of innovation is ten times quicker than our regulatory improvements so effectively that stifles entrepreneurship in our country.
- If you could have a super power that could help you win The Insurance Apprentice what would it be and why?
Telepathy – this super power will give me the capability to know what my competitors are thinking or planning, it will also give me access to the minds of the judges. This will give me an extra advantage to be ahead of my competition at all the times and thoroughly prepared for the interaction with judges
- What song would you chose for your Insurance Apprentice victory dance and why?
DJ Khaled, ft T-Pain, Ludacris, Rick Ross & Snoop Dogg – All I Do is Win because I am a winner and I never settle for second best. More importantly I have created a culture of winning in my life. The song is relevant always.
- Which celebrity would you like to have dinner with to celebrate winning The Insurance Apprentice? Why?
Bonang Matheba – Queen B, because this woman is a hustler, strong character and personality, highly driven, she uses criticism as a spring boat to her success. I am certain that I can learn a lot from her and she can shape my perspective in many facets. Bonang Matheba I look forward to meeting you for dinner because I am bringing The Insurance Apprentice 2018 title home.